March 13-16, 2015
9:30am – 5:00pm
This course gives powerful and practical tools for new mothers and the women who support them to make the transition into motherhood as rich and smooth as possible. In this 18 hour in-depth immersion, we will explore the effects of childbirth on a woman at the physical, energetic, mental, hormonal and spiritual levels.
The post-partum period is regarded in Ayurveda as a Sacred Window that influences a woman’s health over her lifetime. How a woman eats, rests, and moves her body during that first forty days after she gives birth can set her up for a lifetime of health or dis-ease. This workshop is designed for pregnant women, new mothers, yoga teachers, Pilates teachers, physical therapists doulas, birth professionals to provide practical tools for skillful care to support a woman becoming a mother.
We will learn:
– Therapeutic tools to honor, celebrate and support a woman in telling her birth story, whether heartbreaking or heartwarming.
– How to develop a Post-Partum Sanctuary Plan to support bonding of the mother-baby and the entire family.
– The differences in energetic anatomy between men and women, and appropriate practices for women before and after birth.
– How to safeguard your relationship as two becomes three.
– How to identify and support some medical realities such as diastasis, incontinence and painful sex from a holistic perspective.
-In-depth women’s pelvic anatomy, sexual anatomy, libido and practices that strengthen, heal and restore sexual and reproductive health.
– Ayurvedic practices for optimal healing in post-partum and for all women, including nutrition, breathing, movement and self-care.
– Asana and bodywork guidelines through the first year.
– Rituals to seal in the birth experience and gracefully flow into motherhood.
Kimberly Johnson is a yoga teacher trainer, Rolfer, doula and post-partum recovery specialist. She has taught yoga for the past 15 years in US, Brazil, Europe and Asia. She is a single mother to a 7 year-old daughter and recently relocated from Rio de Janeiro to Solana Beach, California.
Chrisandra Fox Walker is a student of hatha yoga, Tantra and Ayurveda, trains teachers and skillfully guides students in the physical and subtle practices of yoga. She was a doula and taught pre-natal yoga when she began teaching yoga 15 years ago, and has come full circle to the perinatal healing arts as a new mama of a 9-month old son.
$275 by December 15th
Register at www.yogatreesf.com
YOGA TREE MISSION
27 Shotwell Street (at 14th)
San Francisco, CA 94103
This course is designed for pregnant women, new mothers, yoga teachers, Pilates teachers and physical therapists who work with pregnant women and mothers, doulas, birth professionals and anyone who wishes to more confidently support a new mother. We will look at how to prepare for both childbirth and motherhood itself, with practical resources to safeguard both our health and our relationships. In sharing birth stories, we will see how one’s birth sets up bonding and influences the post-partum experience. We will cover the differences in energetic anatomy between men and women, and appropriate practices for women before and after birth. We will provide a 6-week movement and breathing protocol for the immediate post-partum period, as well as practices for the first year following childbirth. We will address some medical realities, such as diastasis, incontinence and painful sex from a holistic perspective, using pelvic health care, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Ayurveda as references. We will discuss nutritional healing for fertility, during pregnancy and in postpartum, especially while breastfeeding. This course will also include in-depth women’s pelvic anatomy, sexual anatomy, libido, emotional healing, the innate wisdom within a woman’s body and the adjustment in relationship that results as two become three.